Alcohol ‘more damaging to brain health than marijuana’

by:

health

Scientists at the University of Colorado Boulder conducted a review of existing imaging data that looked at the effects of alcohol and marijuana, or cannabis, on the brain.

Their findings linked alcohol consumption with long-term changes to the structure of white matter and gray matter in the brain.

The use of marijuana, however, seemed to have no significant long-term effects on brain structure.

Study leader Rachel Thayer, of the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of Colorado Boulder, and colleagues recently reported their results in the journal Addiction.

It is estimated that around 22.2 million people in the United States have used marijuana in the past month, making it “the most commonly used illicit drug” in the country.

Across the U.S., however, it is increasingly becoming legalized for both medicinal and recreational purposes. As a result of this changing legislation, researchers have been trying to find out more about how marijuana may benefit health, as well as the damage that it could cause.

Last year, for example, Medical News Today reported on a study linking marijuana use to a greater risk of psychosis in teenagers, while another study claimed that the drug is “worse than cigarettes” for cardiovascular health.

48 Replies to “Alcohol ‘more damaging to brain health than marijuana’”

1. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine?

2. With thanks! Valuable information!

3. With thanks! Valuable information!

4. Black on black in the Charg I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini

5. With thanks! Valuable information!

6. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in your own urine?

7. With thanks! Valuable information!

8. Micah Lyster says:

9. With thanks! Valuable information!

10. Tyson Welder says:

I’m quite certain I’ll learn lots of new stuff right http://casinossir.com

11. good stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your blog. http://casinossir.com

12. Cleo Headlam says:

13. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in your own urine? http://casinossir.com

14. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in your own urine?

15. Black on black in the Charger I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini

16. Black on black in the Charger I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini http://casinossir.com

17. Chang Marker says:

18. What’s up, after reading this awesome piece http://casinossir.com

19. With thanks! Valuable information!

20. Black on black in the Charger I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini http://casinossir.com

21. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine?

22. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. http://casinossir.com

23. Black on black in the Charger I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini

24. Lacy Liston says:

With thanks! Valuable information!

25. Moshe Gaudy says:

Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in your own urine?

26. Lana Belken says:

Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in your own urine?

27. Black on black in the Charger I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini

28. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine?

29. With thanks! Valuable information!

30. Black on black in the Charger I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini

31. Black on black in the Charg I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini

32. Maximo Sofer says:

Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine?

33. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine?

34. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine?

35. Black on black in the Charg I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini

36. Nikia Lyster says:

With thanks! Valuable information!

37. Monty Sabagh says:

38. Lauri Brazan says:

39. Felix Lacko says:

Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in your own urine?

40. With thanks! Valuable information!

41. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine?

42. With thanks! Valuable information!

43. Soo Rike says:

Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in your own urine?

44. Francis Hal says:

With thanks! Valuable information!

45. Clark Mago says:

46. Perry Toste says:

47. Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in your own urine?

48. Black on black in the Charg I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini